Monday 1 March 2010

Comments on Alexander Chancellor's article asking : Why is it so fashionable to celebrate ageing ?'

The Alexander Chancellor article entitled : ' Why is it fashionabble to celebrate ageing ?' provoked 65 people to send their comments to the Guardian Newspaper.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/feb/26/good-time-to-be-old#start-of-comments

These are my 3 favourites :

1. 'Can't imagine why an ageing society is something to celebrate.'
Oh I can.
More pensions to tax and more people to mug!

2. 'The prime minister has invited me to a reception in Downing Street next week for "celebrating our ageing society".'

Twat him with your walking stick.

3 ......and what's more I voted Labour in the last Election and I'm still five years older now. It's all their fault!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment